PhD Candidate at Cornell Tech working in the small data lab and advised by Deborah Estrin, Nicki Dell and Tanzeem Choudhury. I am also a doctoral fellow at DLI. In my research, I combine computer science and behavioral sciences to design, develop and evaluate tools for target users in the US and in ''developing'' countries.
Broadly, my research interests are in the field of human-computer interaction (HCI), information and communication technologies for development (ICTD), and behavioral sciences.
- Home Health Aides and Heart Failure Patients in New York
- Designing a Beneficiary Feedback System in Kenya
- Digital Nudge Bots to boost the productivity of graduate students
- Digital nudge to reduce Facebook addiction
- SMS-driven intervention for TB patients in Nigeria
- Mitigating fraud for female entrepreneurs in Senegal
- Research framework for Behavioral Science researchers
- GMAT study reminder for college students
- Discovering digital similarities in physically co-located people
- New time management system for college students
- Fabian Okeke, Beatrice Wasunna, Mercy Amulele, Isaac Holeman, and Nicola Dell. Including the Voice of Care Recipients in Community Health Feedback Loops in Rural Kenya. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction: Vol. 1 Issue (CSCW. 2019).
- Fabian Okeke, Emily Tseng, Benedetta Piantella, Mikaela Brown, Harveen Kaur, Madeline R. Sterling, and Nicola Dell. Technology, Home Health Care, and Heart Failure: A Qualitative Analysis with Multiple Stakeholders. ACM Conference on Computing and Sustainable Societies (COMPASS '19).
- Fabian Okeke, Lucas Nene, Anne Muthee, Stephen Odindo, Dianna Kane, Isaac Holeman, and Nicola Dell. "Challenges and Opportunities in Connecting Care Recipients to the Community Health Feedback Loop." International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD 2019). (Acceptance Rate: 28%).
- Fabian Okeke, Michael Sobolev, Nicola Dell, and Deborah Estrin. "Good Vibrations: Can a Digital Nudge Reduce Digital Overload?" International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI 2018). (Acceptance Rate: 24.5%).
- F. Okeke, M. Sobolev, D. Estrin. “Towards a Behavior Change Research Platform”. APA conference on Technology, Minds and Society 2018.
- A. Vashistha, F. Okeke, R. Anderson, N. Dell. “You can always do better!”: The Impact of Social Proof on Participant Response Bias. CHI 2018.
- H. Mills, F. Okeke, M. Bhavsar. “Social Apps: A demand-driven behavior change approach using Mobile Apps". International Social and Behavior Change Communication Summit, 2018 (poster, 30% acceptance)
- F. Okeke, F. Alquadoomi, D.Estrin. Towards cross platform digital tracking with VPN architecture (technical-report)
- GM Sandstrom. VWS Tseng, J Costa, F Okeke, T Choudhury, EW Dunn. Talking Less during Social Interactions Predicts Enjoyment: A Mobile Sensing Pilot Study. PloS one, 2016.
- M Rabbi, J Costa, F Okeke, M Schachere, M Zhang, T Choudhury. An intelligent crowd-worker selection approach for reliable content labeling of food images. Proceedings of the conference on Wireless Health, 2015.
fnokeke (at) gmail.com